Navigate to view our policies and conditions:
Section 1 – Definition
BACR membership entitles the member to be part of the BACR organization and to benefit from the advantages offered therein.
Section 2 – Becoming a member
Any individual over the age of 18 years can become a member of the BACR. Membership can be bought each year prior to the BACR Annual Meeting at a fixed fee dependent on the type of membership that is applied for:
- Junior BACR membership (graduate student, PhD student): 30 EUR
- Full BACR membership (post-doc, principal investigator): 45 EUR
Memberships can also be bought on site during the BACR Annual Meeting at a fixed rate of 50 EUR, irrespective of the position of the applicant. The increased fee is necessary to cover the costs which are related to accommodating a last-minute participant to the meeting.
Currently, it is not possible to become member outside of this registration period.
It is possible to become a member during the registration period without attending the conference. In this case, please contact us.
Section 3 – Duration
BACR memberships are active for one year, starting on the date of the upcoming Annual Meeting until the Annual Meeting thereafter. Following this one-year period, memberships are automatically terminated. Therefore, yearly renewal of the membership is necessary to remain an active member and to profit from the membership benefits.
Section 4 – Benefits
A BACR membership offers some benefits:
- Automatic registration to the upcoming annual meeting
- Eligibility for the best poster and oral presentation awards
- Automatic one-year membership for the European Association for Cancer Research during your BACR membership period
When membership is bought on site during the Annual Meeting, the benefit of becoming eligible for the best poster and oral presentation awards is cancelled. Since in this case the member will not have submitted an abstract to the Annual Meeting, eligibility for the awards will have become redundant.
Section 5 – Annulment and refund
Annulments are divided into three categories:
- Annulment prior to the online registration deadline: Contact us and the membership application will be annulled. Any submitted abstract as presenting author to the Annual Meeting will be rejected and deleted from our database. The paid membership fee will be refunded in full minus an administrative cost of 5 EUR.
- Annulment between the online registration deadline and the start of the membership (day of the Annual Meeting): Contact us and the membership application will be annulled. Any submitted abstract as presenting author to the Annual Meeting will be rejected and deleted from our database. The paid membership fee will be refunded in full minus an administrative cost of 25 EUR.
- Annulment during the membership (one year onwards starting on the day of the Annual Meeting): Annulment is no longer possible and your membership fee will not be refunded. Your membership will terminate after one year. However, you can request to not be contacted by us during your membership. In this case, please contact us to update your preference.
Section 6 – Data collection & storage
By paying a membership fee, you enter into a contract with the BACR to be provided with the benefits as set out on our website. This contract provides the lawful basis for us to process your data. We collect your personal data during the membership application and store them in a secure database. These data include, but are not limited to:
- RIZIV/INAMI number
In addition, we can ask for your preferences regarding the Annual Meeting, which will help us to organize this event. These data include, but are not limited to:
- Abstract submission
- Dietary requirements
Finally, we collect data regarding the payment, including, but not limited to:
- Time of payment
The payment itself is carried out via MultiSafepay B.V. The BACR will not collect your payment details, except those described above.
Member data will be stored while you are a member and for two years after your membership lapses. You can request to delete your member data once your membership has lapsed by contacting us following the termination of your membership.
You can contact us for inspection of your member data at any time.
Section 7 – Third Party data sharing
One of the benefits of the BACR membership considers an EACR membership during your BACR membership period. For this purpose, we will share some of your personal data with the European Association for Cancer Research. This is a requirement in order to obtain the EACR membership. As such, by buying a BACR membership, you agree that we are allowed to share the necessary personal data with the EACR.
Your personal data will not be shared with any other Third Party unless we are required so on a legal basis.
Section 8 – Contact information
Questions about the Membership Policy should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online contact form.